The Barbican, London - 19 October 2017
An unmissable conference for the modern accountant
At the heart of your practice growth strategy, it is critical to have a robust plan in place. In order to acquire new business, nurture existing, increase revenue and keep up with innovative firms, you will have to recognise the importance of practice marketing.
Practice Excellence is offering a full day interactive conference in London, supported by QuickBooks, providing you with everything you need to plan and execute a practice growth strategy. The Practice Excellence Conference will help you understand your clients and the market, find ways to attract new business and create your own action plan. It is time to embrace new and innovative ways to promote your services and attract new clients.
Ideal new practices wanting support in starting up or established businesses looking to grow, small or large, it will be a one of the most important events of the year for the profession.
08:30 - 09:15
Introduction from Practice Excellence and QuickBooks
Change Your Story, Change Your World with David Sloly
David Sloly, Founding Partner,
There are a million speakers who will tell you (convincingly, eloquently and humorously) that to connect with customers, your business needs stories. And you know what? They're right. But it's all hot air if you haven't got the tools to go away with and actually create those stories. David will explain his unique 5-step process for creating stories:
- How to quickly gather the facts that will shape your story
- The truth about what people really want to hear about
- A proven way to easily format your story
- A simple formula for injecting emotion
- How to create a killer headline so your story gets noticed
And as you would expect from a TEDx speaker who has been invited twice to present at SXSW, he does so convincingly and humorously. Blurring the boundaries between inspiring talk and outcome‐oriented workshop, David's keynote will provide you with actionable information. But as you would expect from a master storyteller, the journey is every bit as memorable as the destination.
Growing your Firm: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Heather Townsend, Author,
The Go-To Expert
Carl Reader, Author,
The Start-up Coach
Sharon Pocock, Founder,
Nathan Keeley, Partner,
MHA Carpenter Box
Our panel will share their award winning advice on how to create a strategy to grow your practice, and tackle your biggest challenges. Hear our experts discuss what forward thinking firms are doing:
- To make their firm and its services stand out, in the right way
- To attract new business, retain existing clients and maximise referrals
- To innovate and create growth
Expect real honesty from the panel about their experience of what promotes and limits growth, how they maximise growth and the importance of disengaging from the wrong clients.
Includes Q&A: Ask the panel your questions, and share your ownexperiences to discover new ways to grow your practice.
Be the Fly Fisher, Not the Trawler: The Easy Way to Catch your Next Client
Stuart Pringle, Head of Sales,
Heather Townsend, Author,
The Go-To Expert
How well do you really know your clients? Who are you trying to reach? What challenges do they face? How can you solve these challenges?
In this practical workshop we'll be asking some business owners to highlight their key challenges and asking them to share what they want and need from their accountant. Get it straight from the horse's mouth!
This session will help you:
- Get into the heads of your target market
- Show you how to create client personas to better understand your clients and the way they buy from you.
- Plus, the opportunity to quiz real business owners about the challenges they face, revealing how accountants are best placed to help them.
Tyre Kicker to New client: Managing the Buyer Journey
Alex Tucker, Account Director,
Alex Davis, Business Development
The modern practice lives in a world of communication, and there is a plethora of ways for you to be heard. But how do you choose the right marketing channel, and what activity will drive ROI most effectively?
In this workshop you will discuss practical tips and tactics to elevate brand awareness, improve your online presence and create a digital strategy that works for you. Discover:
- Ways to harness digital marketing to your competitive advantage
- How-to content creation, SEO, email marketing, PPC, online advertising and social media
- How to align your marketing and business goals successfully
- How to translate your marketing plan into action to get clients buying and referring more
15:00 - 17:00
Live Showcases: The Practice Growth Pioneers
Three short, sharp and interactive sessions we will show you how to get REAL results by using content, SEO and social. Understand what you can do, how to do it and the results you could achieve.
1. A Digital First Approach to Building your Practice with ACCA UK
This practical session will look at how to adopt a ‘digital first’ approach to building your practice:
- Overcoming challenges and how to take your clients and staff on the journey
- Understand how technology can manage ‘self-service’ elements of the client relationship
- Embracing digital first to enable you to focus your time on providing advice and expertise
2. How to Avoid Search Engine Failure with PracticeWEB
In this session we will be exploring just some of the many Google ranking factors we know today, looking at the key technical aspects of a website you need to know.
- What's in-store for SEO in 2018 and beyond
- How to craft SEO-friendly content to keep the search engines AND your clients happy
- How to use SEO to attract the right type of clients
- The most important metrics you should track to measure the success of your SEO
- How to actually use the metrics you gather to optimise your website and marketing
3. GDPR: How The Shake Up of Data Protection Will Affect Accountancy Firms
GDPR arrives in May 2018. This policy will affect where you hold information and communicate with your clients and prospects. The policy details are still forming but this session will give you a direct view on the things you must do ahead of the start date.
4. Practical Steps to Boost your Success with Social Media with MHA Carpenter Box
In this session we will look at social media trends and easy techniques that will boost the profile of your firm. To bring this to life, we’ll be speaking with Nathan Keeley from MHA Carpenter Box, to understand:
- How Nathan leverages relevant content on social media to maximise its impact
- How to pick the right metrics to track success based on the activity
- The appropriate frequency for sharing material and updates via different social media channels